Boondocks Alumni Range
Boondocks FTA™ Alumni Range is strictly RESERVED for use by students who have completed at least a one-day live-fire class at BFTA (i.e. Basic Pistol MEP, Defensive Carbine, Defensive Shotgun, etc.).
The Alumni range is available for handguns, rifles, and shotguns with the maximum distance for long guns being 75 yards.
ALUMNI RANGE HOURS † *
- Wednesday - Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
† The Alumni Range is also open on Monday and Tuesday from 10 AM to 5 PM for all Alumni Shooting Club Members. Call our Pro Shop to reserve your range time! (769) 972-2382.
* Hours subject to change without notice. Please check Boondocks' calendar prior to coming.
- EVERYONE must register at the Pro Shop prior to going to the Alumni Range.
- If you are enrolled in the Alumni Shooting Club, present your membership card upon check-in at the Pro Shop.
- All other Alumni will need to pay $30 per day/session.
- Students who have completed a two-day Boondocks FTA™ handgun or Guest Instructor handgun course that included the proper techniques for drawing from a holster will be allowed to draw from a holster. These students will receive a Red Ticket.
- Drawing from a holster is allowed.
- Magazine changes and magazine re-loads are allowed.
- Speed drawing and shot timers are not allowed.
- All other students will be issued a Blue Ticket and must shoot from a low ready position.
- The Alumni Range is equipped with target stands, a variety of steel targets, shooting benches and sandbags. We encourage our long gun shooters to bring a pair of binoculars.
- Steel targets may be no closer than 10 yards for handguns and 50 yards for rifles.
- Eye protection is required at all times.
- Ear protection is required during live fire.
- Ball caps or visors are advised.
- NO re-loaded ammunition or magnum loads are allowed.
- Safety is a PRIORITY! You will be expected to practice the SAFETY rules and abide by our Range Rules – NO EXCEPTION.
- All of Boondocks Range Safety Officers are Certified Instructors and are available for assistance if time permits.
Gun Rentals are available for all Alumni shooters for an additional $25.00. Only ammunition purchased from Boondocks FTA™ may be used in our Rental Guns.
For questions, information, or to sign up for a class, call to become a Boondocks™ Alumni, please contact us by calling 769-972-2382 or register online.
*Classes that DO NOT meet the BFTA™ Alumni Range requirements are any half-day classes (i.e. Lethal Force Simulator or First Aid, CPR/AED), Private Instruction (2-hour minimum) Session, Land Navigation, Hand to Hand, Weapons of Opportunity, Youth Summer Safety Camp and Young Adults Personal Protection Course for youth under 18 Years of Age.
Alumni Shooting Club
The Boondocks Alumni Shooting Club gives Alumni unlimited access to use the Boondocks Alumni Range whenever it is open. Members who would like to use the range on Monday or Tuesday, we ask that you call our Pro Shop to set up your range time!
The only requirement to take advantage of the Boondocks Alumni Shooting Club (individuals and family members) is you have completed at least a one-day live-fire class at BFTA (i.e. Basic Pistol MEP, Defensive Carbine, Defensive Shotgun, etc.). This is a great opportunity for Alumni who want to practice more frequently.
Any membership purchased through December 31, 2020, will not expire until December 31, 2021, AND receive a discount (listed below).
Duration: December 31, 2021
Family: $360 - Each family member must have taken a one-day BFTA training course to be eligible. Family members include dependent children and those living in the same house.
Duration: December 31, 2021
Sign-up options: DOWNLOAD the Boondocks Alumni Shooting Club Enrollment form or ENROLL ONLINE.
The Alumni range is available for handguns, rifles, and shotguns with a maximum distance of 75 yards. Please check the Boondocks Calendar prior to coming to verify the Alumni Range hours for that day.~
Alumni Range RSO Schedule
|Lacey Slay||05/15 - 05/16|
|Breyon Bradford||05/22 - 05/23|
|Anthony Wilson||05/29 - 05/30|
|Miranda Blanton||06/05 - 06/06|
|Jarrett Becks||06/12 - 06/13|
|Kirk Kleinpeter||06/19 - 06/20|
|Jarrett Becks||06/26 - 06/27|
|Mike Randall||07/03 - Closed|
|Jeff Williamson||07/10 - 07/11|
|Adam Bryant||07/17 - 07/18|
|Darrell Carey||07/24 - 07/25|
|Teri Newcomb||07/31 - 08/01|
|Dave Berry||08/07 - 08/08|
|Glen Ivey||08/14 - 08/15|
|Melanie Ainsworth||08/21 - 08/22|
|Dave Bunger||08/28 - 08/29|
|Kevin Jones||09/04 - 09/05|
|Larry Goldstein||09/11 - 09/12|
|Rusty Keslinger||09/18 - 09/19|
|Anthony Wilson||09/25 - 09/26|
|Breyon Bradford||10/02 - 10/03|
|Jarrett Becks||10/9 - 10/10|
|Kristi Knight||10/16 - 10/17|
|Kirk Kleinpeter||10/16 - 10/17|
|Miranda Blanton||10/30 - 10/31|
|John Roberts||11/6 - 11/7|
|Lacey Slay||11/13 - 11/14|
|Mike Randall||11/20 - 11/21|
|Open||11/27 - 11/28|
|Adam Bryant||12/4 - 12/5|
|Teri Newcomb||12/11 - 12/12|
|Darrell Carey||12/18 - 12/19|