DTI - Defensive Handgun with John Farnam
September 13th - 15th 2019
Day 1 - Lecture (2:30 min)
Day 2 & 3 - Range
- Lecture on Friday evening is 7:00pm-9:30pm
- Saturday Range Class is 9:00am-5:00pm, with a low-light exercise 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Sunday Range Class is 9:00am-5:00pm
Class Tuition: $725.00 (online registration), $750.00 (Cash or Check) + $75.00 Range fee payable to BoondocksFTA the day of the class.
The DTI Defensive Handgun Course is designed to prepare the responsible, adult gun owner to handle, maintain, safely store, and use their firearm safely, responsibly, correctly, and effectively, so that they are able to successfully handle nearly any personal protection situation. The course will consist of classroom lecture/demonstration and live-fire exercises on the range.
- Situation Awareness
- Threat Evaluation
- Classroom instruction includes: The Force Continuum
- Courtroom Savvy
- The Physio/Psychological Aspects of Lethal Encounters
Live-fire exercises on the range include:
- Threat evaluation
- Risk identification and reduction
- Lethal threat containment and management
- Precision shooting
- Discretionary shooting
- Low-light shooting (with and without a flashlight)
- Cover and movement
- Performing under stress
Tactical training is conducted in a realistic manner, stressing correct use of cover, movement, challenges, and other important individual tactics. In addition, students will practice close and extremely close encounters and weapon control. This two-day course is usually offered on a weekend with a low light shooting session at the end of the first day.
Appropriate calibers include:
- 9mm NATO (a.k.a. “Parabellum,” “Luger”)
- .38 Special, .380 AUTO
- .357 MAG, SIG
- .40 S&W
- .45 ACP, GAP
- Clear and/or tinted shooting/safety glasses. Clear for low-light/night training. Glasses should fully wrap around the face.
- Hearing protection. Muff-style and/or ear plugs. Electronic muff-style hearing protectors are very advantageous.
- Baseball cap or other hat with visor/brim.