We are officially into Deer Hunting Season here in Mississippi, and while it is not quite rifle season yet, hunters across the state are gearing up for gun season. One of the most important pieces of equipment for hunting is your optics. A scope can make or break a hunt, and I have seen hunters who spend thousands of dollars on guns and other gear, only to skimp on optics. Fortunately, today we have a selection of great optics that won’t break the bank. One such option is the Nikon Buckmaster II. The MSRP on this scope starts off at about $129.99 for the 3x9x40 with the bullet drop compensator (BDC) reticle. Additional features listed on Nikon’s website include:
- Multiple layers of anti-reflective compounds on every glass surface provide bright, vivid pictures and optimum light transmission from dawn to dusk.
- Positive click reticle adjustments get you zeroed in quicker and maintain your setting, even with heavy recoil.
- Nikon Spot On™ Ballistic Match Technology. Spot On allows you to discover all of the exact aiming points on your scope’s reticle at various yardages for your specific ammunition and load.
- Generous, Consistent Eye Relief to keep your brow safe, even with the heaviest recoiling cartridges, lightweight rifles, and severe shooting angles.
- Nitrogen purged and Oring sealed for complete waterproof, fog proof and shockproof performance.
The Buckmaster II is also available in a 3x9x50 and a 4x12x40 configuration which will give you a larger field of view and a little more magnification, respectfully. While I do have more expensive and task-specific scopes on other guns, for the majority of hunting situations here in Mississippi (and the Southeast) the Nikon Buckmaster II, when combined with a quality set of bases and rings, is a good choice at a great price.
Stop by our Pro Shop to get a look at the Nikon Buckmaster II before your next hunting trip!